Well, as always, here at Argyle things seem to go at a rapid pace. We are looking at spring break starting in a couple of days on Friday, March 25th with a return to school on Monday, April 4th. Based on the blast of white stuff that hit us this week March coming in like a Gator means it leaving with a gust – one last gust of winter we hope!
Today is Three-Way Conference Day and it is so encouraging to see so many families and students here celebrating successes and making plans for future success. I am so thankful for the way that this community desires for all of our students to achieve the best they can! I would be remiss if I didn’t mention our hard working staff who day to day do all they can to meet the varied needs of our school and school community.
Last blog we talked about the “Turning Type One into Type None” JDRF fundraiser that was headed up by Mrs. Vonau and one of our grade one students, Lily. We are very excited to announce that the fundraiser raised over $1650 in a very small window of time – way to go Gators!
Some other cool things going on right now in, and around, the school include:
– Book Fair which runs until Thursday, April 24th (thank you to Mrs. Sanchuck for heading this up).
– Gator Gear Order #2 which happens today (orders will be accepted until day’s end Thursday, March 24th).
– Preparation for “Battle of the Books” which is upcoming (thanks again to Mrs. Sanchuck for her work on this).
– Cup Stacking – practices have begun in readiness for tournaments ahead (thanks to. Mrs. Tsang and Ms. Powell for the work with our stackers).
– 25 Acts of Conservation event which is being run by our environment club under the steady hand of Mr. Norman…check out our school facebook page for details and photos.
Upcoming events at Argyle:
– March 25th-April 3rd Spring Break
– April 11th-14th RQHR dental screening at Argyle (details will be on the website)
– April 12th Grade 3/4-6 Perform with RSO at Connexus Arts Centre
– April 13th Spartan in Training Day for grade 8’s at Sheldon Williams Collegiate
– April 13th Cup Stacking Tournament at Sheldon Williams Collegiate
As always, if you have any questions, comments, or thoughts to share please feel free to drop an email, a call, or stop by.