Greetings all and happy spring to you and yours. The weather looks like in the days ahead we will truly be experiencing the beauty of warmth and growth. Personally, I love spring and all that it brings and represents. There is still much learning and growth to happen in our school and we are all excited to see the formal finish of the learning journey we have all been on together.
Just a reminder that our supervision at the school begins at 8:37am and after school is at the bus only. Please be conscious of this as you plan for your son’s and daughter’s arrival and departure from school. Also, as weather gets warmer just a friendly reminder that full time lunchroom students are required to stay unless given permission to leave by parents/guardians. If it is easier, you can switch students to the casual list (meaning they don’t stay everyday once given your permission – this generally applies to our more senior students more). We want to work together for the safety and well-being of all of our students. One last note on spring safety and students riding bikes to school, please make sure your child securely locks their bike to the bike rack if they choose to bring it to school.
There are many recent highlights from the swamp (somehow seems appropriate as we are the Gators) that we want to share:
– Art Club/Art Exhibit – thanks to our students and staff who were involved in Art club and the exhibit that is being featured at the board office.
– Regina Symphony Orchestra and our grade 3/4 – 6 played together with 1500 other students. A follow up performance at Argyle was necessary so we could all enjoy the talent. We even had a guest conductor 🙂 (see below)
– 25 Acts of Conservation – wraps up Monday and you should see the places this undertaking has gone! See our facebook page for the photo evidence…
– Spartans in Training – Our grade 8’s spent a day partnered up with Sheldon-Williams students to help with the transition to high school and we are thankful to the staff and students over there for making us all feel so welcome.
– Battle of The Books – Congratulations to our numerous participants who battled it out for Gator supremacy and advanced to the inter-school level. Unfortunately, we came up a bit short but our teams did us all proud.
– Cup Stacking Tournament – April 21st 4-7 at Sheldon-Williams
– Run, Jump, Throw, Wheel and Clinics from Sask Athletics start shortly and complete by early June
– School Track Meet – May 31st (rainout date – June 7th) at Sheldon- Williams
– Inter-school meet – June 21st at Douglas Park
– Softball team has begun try-outs with schedule to be announced shortly.
– No School – April 22nd – Professional Development
A special welcome to new staff member Mrs. C. Vogel who has joined us for the remainder of the year as an Educational Assistant.
That’s all for now…remember to check us out on our many electronic platforms.
– School website