Sorry for the delay in updating the blog…much has happened in the last few weeks here at Argyle and our time remaining promises to be just as full.
- Students and teachers have been busy completing assessments that will help us to look at our LIP goals and to measure the growth we have seen. It is definitely a time for us to celebrate where we are at in comparison to where we’ve been. From my vantage point it is very exciting to see the substantial growth that has occurred for many of our students. This is a testament to the hard work of students, families, and our staff. Way to go Gators!
- Speaking of successes worth celebrating, the Argyle Environmental Club has been in the news of late as they were once again victorious in the 25 Acts of Energy Conservation contest capturing the first prize acknowledgment and prize. Carla Beck, NDP MLA sent a congratulatory email to our school recognizing the outstanding job of our students and she also brought up the work of our students, staff, and community in the Legislature this week. The link to the Legislative video can be viewed here. Also, the Leader-Post wrote an article that captured the essence of the work of our Environmental Club under the wise tutelage of Mr. Norman. We are super proud of your project “We love our planet to the moon and back.”
- Our school based Track Meet was scheduled for May 31st but due to inclement weather we were forced to reschedule to our rain day which is Wednesday, June 8th at Sheldon Williams. If you can volunteer to help with this event please contact the main office. The multi-school track meet which our students can qualify for will be held at Douglas Park on June 21st. In preparation for these events our students have been participating in the Sask Athletics program Run, Jump, Throw, Wheel. Many thanks to our School Community Council (SCC) for supporting this outstanding undertaking.
The Gator Green Sox softball team has been training and playing games in the Regina Public School league. They have represented themselves and our community super well and have shown great growth in the short time they have been practicing and playing. It is so great to see the number of students we have involved in this activity under the coaching of Mr. Lamb and Mr. Norman.
- The annual Argyle Carnival was put on by our Grade 8’s to support their “Farewell” on May 18th. A great time was had by students, staff, and families of our school community. Thank you to all who came out and supported our soon to be former Gators.
- Many thanks to Mrs. Smith, our Kindergarten teacher, for her work in hosting future Gators in the Kindergarten Family Orientation as well as the Student Orientation as well. We want all of our community to know what a welcoming and great place this is to be!!!
- “Cougars in School” is a program run by the University of Regina Cougars Women’s Soccer team that will be Argyle on June 13th. The program is geared towards elementary aged students and we are very excited to be one of only four RPS selected to pilot the program. Cougars Coach Bob Maltman and some of his athletes will be at the school working with our students and staff over the course of the day and we look forward to this. Once again, thanks to the SCC for the financial backing required to bring the program into our community.
- Our SCC is a tremendous group of people with our school who do many things to support our students and staff. Their most recent undertaking was a Bottle Drop that ran on May 28th with the assistance of our Environmental Club. The group raised just less than $900 in a few short hours and we are super thankful for their ongoing work. If you are interested in checking out the group their next meeting is Monday, June 6th at 630pm in the library.
Some Upcoming Events (check with your sons and daughters for classroom specific activities):
- June 6 – SCC Meeting 630pm
- June 8 – School Track Meet
- June 13 – Cougs in School Soccer
- June 15 – Softball @ ARCOLA
- June 15 – Art Club Exhibition & Variety Night 530pm
- June 16 – Grade 8 Farewell Afternoon
- June 17 – No School – Staff Meeting and PD
- Thanks for all of your support of the Gator community. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me. Go Gators!