Well this will be the last post on this blog before summer vacation and I cannot figure out where this school year went. It truly seems like days ago we ago gathered in the gymnasium and met for the first time and here we are done the year. I continue to be inspired by our community and the amazing people that make it up…students, parents, supports, teachers, and staff. This is a special place to be and it is obvious that we continue to be #GatorsOnTheGo !
In just over the last three weeks we have had many awesome events:
– we finished the Run, Jump, Throw, Wheel program
– we had our inter-school track meet at Sheldon Williams
– Gators Green Sox softball finished up
– we had classes participate in the Farewell to Mosaic Stadium and visit Government House
– we had an Arts Night where student work and talents were on display
– former Rider, Scott McHenry visited us as part of the Red Cross – Imagine No Bullying Campaign
– our SCC supported the Cougars in School soccer program that enabled our students to be coached by and participate with the U of R women’s soccer team in a day of activity
– over 70 students participated in an inra-school track meet with five other schools at Douglas Park
– on the last day of classes for students the many talents of Argyle were highlighted in a Talent Show that was inspiring.
– finally, our grade 8’s celebrated Farewell and we wish them well in the journey ahead.
It has been an amazing here year at Argyle and that is a byproduct of the work of our entire community. Thank you for caring about this place, but more importantly, for our students who receive the reward of working with all of you. The African proverb that it requires a village to raise a child rings true in my ears and heart. Go Gators – Always!
Students return to school on Thursday, September 1st at 8:53am (our regular start time). We look forward to seeing all of our returning students at that time for our welcome back assembly where students will receive our message for the year and be assigned to their classrooms. I will not be maintaining regular office hours over the summer but will be in and out of the building and checking email regularly. Please email me if you have any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you all for the wonderful year!
Have a safe, relaxing, and restful summer.
Mick Panko, Principal